The Korean Wave brought a tremendous transformation to the international culture affecting right from economy to entertainment to the beauty industry. It has changed the beauty standards and recently in 2017, brought a #newskingoals – juicy, dewy, glass-like complexion that left everyone awestruck “Glass Skin“. It has been a few years that their skincare guide and routine fell into our radar but now, it shows no chances of slowing down. It introduced us with various exotic terms and made us obsessed with sheet masks and essence and serums with surprising ingredients and Ellie Choi’s flawless skin selfie and routine made it a trend in itself.
I am sure it has made you wonder about its possibility and we are glad to bring the ultimate glass skin care routine to achieve the flawlessness with dedicated efforts and accessible products. Let’s start from the beginning. An unexcelled smooth, pore-less, luminous, translucent skin – just like glass – is what is called “Glass Skin”.
(Along with the glass skin care routine you should strictly follow, we are also mentioning products which are thoroughly researched and recommended by the experts listed exclusively for you.)
|Cleansing oil||Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil|
|Cleansing Oil||Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil|
|Cleanser||Youth To The People Kale Superfood Cleanser|
|Face scrub||Goldfaden MD Doctor’s Scrub Grapefruit Oil|
|Face polish||Model off Duty Beauty That Bright Glow Face Polish|
|Facial Toner||Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula|
|Essence||Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Intensive|
|Best seller set||Missha Time Revolution Best Seller Special Set I|
|Moisturizer + Face Serum||Belei Retinol Vitamin A Refining Moisturizer + Hyaluronic Acid Serum|
|Moisturizer||Shiseido Pureness Matifying Moisturizer Oil-free Moisturizer|
|Foundation||Christian Dior Diorskin AirFlash Spray Foundation|
|Lotion||Olive Gold O3 Skin Care Lotion – Ozonated Olive Oil Super Oxygen|
Glass Skin Routine Steps
1. Cleanse – not once but twice
All the skincare routines you have come across have basic three steps – cleanse, tone, and moisturize. But, to achieve flawless skin, your effort should be more than a mundane one. The K-beauty trend introduced us to double cleanse and now I guess there is no looking back.
The first rule – It doesn’t matter how tired you are, never forget to remove your makeup, not a single day to miss.
The second rule – Use an oil-based cleanser or makeup remover which matches your skin type and maintain your pH level. Massage it on your dry skin and wash it with lukewarm water. There is a misconception that oil-based cleansers add oil to your skin but of course, as mentioned earlier, it cleanses your skin more effectively to remove every inch of impurity.
The third rule – After the first round of cleansing, follow up with gentle foam based face wash with hydrating formula or you can also choose an exfoliating face wash like clay cleanser to remove dirt and unclog the pores.
Amount | 150ml
Price | $32.00
- This gentle and effective cleansing oil melts away stubborn makeup, dissolving impurities and waterproof makeup while decongesting pores and leaving the skin feeling oil-free.
- Packed with anti-aging and hydrating skin nutrients like Green Tea and Rosehip, this refreshing cleansing oil leaves skin feeling purified and nourished.
- This nanotechnology blend enables water to reduce the oil phase of this cleanser to micro-sized particles to rinse surface debris, and even waterproof makeup, away quickly and easily.
Amount | 5.1 oz
Price | $48.00
- This 2-in-1 makeup remover and cleanser of Camellia Oil gently melts away impurities, even waterproof makeup, leaving behind pure, silky soft skin.
- Thoroughly cleanses the skin without stripping it of its natural moisture, leaving skin balanced and nourished. It does not contain mineral oil, so the liquid emulsifies completely and leaves no oily residue. Ideal for all skin types.
- Japanese Camellia Oil (Tsubaki): Richer in oleic acid than olive oil and an excellent source of Vitamins A, B, D and E and nourishing Omegas 3, 6, and 9, this featherweight botanical oil has been prized in Asia for centuries for its superb moisturizing and antioxidant activity.
- HADASEI-3 COMPLEX: Tatcha’s proprietary trio of Japanese anti-aging superfoods—Green Tea, Rice, and Algae—helps to restore healthy-looking, youthful radiance.
- Formulated without: Mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, sulfate detergents, parabens, urea, DEA, TEA or phthalates. Our Pure Formula Promise: Non-comedogenic. Non-irritating. Non-sensitizing. Dermatologist tested. Cruelty-free.
Amount | 8 oz
Price | $79.00
- This powerful, but gentle daily face wash is formulated with cold-pressed antioxidants – kale, spinach, and green tea – to give your skin the ultimate cleanse. It works effectively to prevent buildup in pores, remove makeup, and balance pH without drying or stripping.
- Rich gel texture naturally lathers without sulfates and rinses quickly without stripping the skin. Gentle enough for all skin types and doubles as a makeup remover.
- Clean, 100% vegan formula. Proprietary cold-pressed plant extracts harness powerful antioxidants & phytonutrients from pure, effective ingredients.
- No parabens, phthalates, sulfates, phthalates, dimethicone, or mineral oil.
After you are done with cleansing, now it’s time to remove the hidden impurities. Exfoliating scrubs simply remove the dead skin cells unravelling the bright complexion hidden behind. Make sure you choose only those products which match your skin type and are sensitive to the issues your skin is prone to. It is a crucial tip in achieving the glass skin but no rashes and redness allowed! When you ask how to get glass skin naturally, the answer is don’t miss any of these steps.
Amount | 3.5 fl. Oz
Price | $57.99
- It contains natural ruby crystals that polish, exfoliate and buff away dead surface skin, leaving your complexion brighter, clearer and younger-looking.
- Formulated with line-filling Hyaluronic Acid to deliver long-lasting hydration while nourishing Seaweed and Organic Red Tea Extract provides antioxidant benefits that with daily use may help reduce the appearance of pores and appearance of fine lines, leaving skin looking healthy & radiant.
- This formula is suited for men and women with all skin types including sensitive, problem-prone, dry, oily, combination, and mature.
Amount | 4 ounces
Price | $46.00
- Exfoliates skin and removes skin aging dullness with twice the polishing power of a normal scrub. Formulated with naturally-derived skin smoothers and Pumice.
- Ingredients are non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan, paraben-free, phthalate-free, sustainable, cruelty-free & nature derived. We do not use artificial fragrances. This Serum is Fragrance-Free.
- Face Polish helps fight the signs of aging before and after they begin through natural antioxidant protection and our proprietary skin-care blend.
3. Forget the toner, forget the skin
Toner is the most important part of the glass skin beauty regime and if you miss it, you are simply missing the goal. K-beauty trends suggest choosing Hydrating toners over astringent toners. Experts suggest toners that constitute moisturizing ingredients like green tea, galactomyces, ginseng and floral water to maintain pH level alongside providing basic hydration and better absorption capability of incoming products. This is the $10.95 hydrating toner suggested by expert. There is one more sub-rule to it. Applying it not just once but seven layers as directed by the experts works the best.
4. Essence for an essence
Not so common in western beauty regimes, Essence is now a must-include item in order to achieve the lustrous shiny skin we aspire for. Usually watery inconsistency, they are basically targeted treatments to brighten and hydrate the complexion. The signature move of every top skincare expert, look for glycerin while you shop as it retains water from the atmosphere and to look even more time.
Amount | 150ml
Price | $29.00
- Raw solution type essential essence (80% fermented yeast solution). Essential essence for the first step of your skin. Essential essence for both booster and skincare synergies.
- Fermented Yeast Extract 80% Derived from fission yeast, which has a similar structure to that of human cells, this fermented extract is skin-friendly and has similar components to NMF (Natural Moisturizing Factor) to help hydrate, balance, and firm the look of skin.
- Adjust yeast growth by injecting oxygen into the incubator using a split yeast with a proliferating structure similar to the skin structure. Increase the fermentation activity statement by extending the fermentation period to realize more effective skin improvement in the same amount.
- Wrinkle Improvement & Brightening Double Functional Cosmetics: Raw fluid essential essence used in the first step of skincare strengthens the basic skin base and makes skin transparent and healthy.
- 117% improvement in skin transparency. 81% improvement in skin moisturization.
If not essence, you can also opt for serums because the ultimate goal is to get hydrated dewy complexion and serums with Hyaluronic acid, Vitamin C, alpha hydroxy acids(AHAs), etc. are best at it. We suggest you visit why should I use the serum once to clear all doubts regarding serums and some awesome products worth trying for.
Try these best vitamin c face serums.
6. Moisturize and moisturize
Layer moisturizer over serum or essence to lock the moisture better effectively giving you a radiant glow. Find something which keeps your skin dewy, matches your skin type without any skin breakages brightening the skin out. When choosing them, figure out your undertones and go for warmer shades for warm tones and cool shades for cool tones. Neutral undertones can choose any shade.
Amount | 1.7 ounces (Moisturizer), 1 ounce (Serum)
Price | $57.43
- This refining moisturizer uses the latest technology in retinol delivery to release vitamin A to the skin over the course of the day or night.
- A botanical complex soothes skin, while squalene and hyaluronic acid help skin appear smooth and refined
- Created for all skin types.
- Formulated without parabens, fragrance, sulfates, phthalates.
- This lightweight serum promotes skin clarity and hydration.
- Vitamin C promotes skin clarity and brightening while hyaluronic acid (HA) leaves skin feeling hydrated and refreshed.
Amount | 1.6 ounce
Price | $103.98
- A multi-active protecting daytime formula that supports the skin’s natural defenses and boosts radiance with a soft, reflecting power.
- Helping to build skin’s strength to resist problems.
- Renews the skin surface to reveal an incredibly smooth, uniform texture that looks and feels rich with moisture.
For the final steps, choose a medium coverage foundation matching your skin tone without giving you the matte-finish because that will just ruin what you were up to. It should be moisturizing, light, gel-based, that blends easily.
8. Highlighting lotion to wrap up
A highlighting lotion wraps up your look giving a lustrous glaze and that too instantly. Better research matching your skin type will be the best choice. When choosing a highlighting lotion, look for the undertones. Warm shades for warm tones and cool shades for cool tones. Neutral undertones, opt for any shade.
These glass skin selfies you scroll on your Instagram or any other social media feed can be really tempting and you could even hover from one product to another in the hope that some product even though it is ridiculously expensive show instant result but one thing to remember ladies; calm down! Flawlessness is not a piece of cake that you will achieve with a magical product. You really need to have good hydrating toner, serum and moisturizer, and a lot of patience. Sticking to the glass skincare routine for a proper amount of time and alongside avoiding any unhealthy junk getting inside your stomach and exercise will only lead to flawless glass-looking skin.
Patience. Stick to Regimen. Exercise. Sleep Well!