I am sure either you must have tried this or seen someone trying. Whenever one prepare to dress up like a joker, they use white paint on their face which makes their face stand out from their natural face tone and looks hilarious. I will not ask why because you know. It’s because their face tone does not match with the white paint and your face looks weird and materialistic.
But the ideology of applying makeup is to enhance your natural skin tone but not to make you look extremely fair or something. As I explained the example, the motive I want to convey is that in order to enhance your face color, you need to apply products which has a tone similar or one shade up and down from your natural tone and that’s why due to huge variations in skin color globally, every woman needs their own personal shades of makeup or shades which match nearby.
Today, we are talking about dark skin tone women, and finding the right shades can be challenging for them. Therefore, we decided to write about the exact shades they can use in order to enhance their skin tone positively.
- Undertones are the basis of your skin color and the best way to opt for foundation and products is to know your undertones well because they should match each other.
- There are several ways to realize your undertones which you can find easily on the internet. We are mentioning those smaller methods here and for more deep details, you can definitely go through several articles by yourself but I think these little easier methods are enough.
- First is white vs cream test: When you have a bare face with no makeup and nothing and in natural light, take a piece of white cloth and a piece of off-white cloth and in front of the mirror, check which one suits your face tone better. If it is white, you have warmer undertones, if off-white, then cooler undertones and if both look equally good, then you have neutral undertones.
- Second is the vein test: Check the color of the visible veins in your wrist; if green then warmer undertones, if blue then cooler undertones and if bluish-green then neutral undertones.
- One other method is jewelry test: If gold jewelry flatters more, then you have warmer undertones, and if silver suits you more then it is cooler undertones, and if both, then you have neutral undertones.
- To find the perfect foundation, you need to try different shades and in order of trying shades, make sure the shade matches your skin tone. The central part of your face is mostly lighter in shade compared to the other part so the experts suggest using two shades; one shade lighter in the central part and the natural skin tone matching shade on other parts of the face and then blending it well will lift the natural skin color of your face better.
- When applying foundation, make sure your face is washed and dry. Then prep with a moisturizer if you have dry skin and a priming gel for oily skin. Use a foundation brush for blending them well and wash it and rinse it well to keep it prepared for nest application.
- If you are using two shades, the lighter shade goes first and then the darker shade, and finally, they should be blended well.
To hide the blemishes under your eyes, apply the concealer in a triangle shape covering the top of the cheekbones towards the tips of your eyebrows. It not only hides the dark circles but also brings in the warmth of the light.
To make your face look beautifully polished, let it embrace the highlighter. Apply it on your brow bone and crease of your eyelids, apple of your cheek, forehead, and chin for a finish-up look.
For a perfect bronzer look, choose shades that are two-step deeper than your tan color. Do not dust all over your face but instead start with the temples coming down to the side of your face, forehead, and nose for a refined look. A great trick is to wear bronzer like a blush or over neutral blush which actually provides color to the cheeks and highlights them. Apply them right under your cheekbones to create a sculpt upon your face.
Women with darker skin tones look wonderful in deep fuchsia, berry, warm brown, raisin, and tangerine blush shades. Cream blushes are a great way to get a high-impact color that still looks natural. Those with warm or golden undertones should wear the warm brown or tangerine shades for a natural look and the pinks and berries for a pop of color.
- For a round face, apply the blush over your cheekbones and extend it up to your temples.
- For a heart-shaped face, apply the blush below the apples of your cheeks and pull it towards your hairline.
- For a long face, apply the blush below the apples, but don’t extend it all the way to your hairline.
- Bright colors like red, orange, deep purple look great on dark skin tones as they tend to brighten up the whole look of your face.
- Glossy or frosty-finish lipsticks should be kept far away to pull up a decent perfect look.
- The best lip color to complement with cool skin tones with blue or pink undertones are namely, blue-ish and purple shades. Try a bright cherry red that veers more blue than orange; berry shades like cranberry; or a deep plum.
- The best lipsticks for warm undertones are lip colors in warm shades. Think bold oranges, brick reds, and terracotta browns.
- For neutral undertones, anything with light nudes to deep wine will look great. Try berry colors for a flattering look.
Eye Makeup for dark skin tones
- For eye shadows, cool shades will complement cool undertones best, while warm shades will complement warm undertones best. Deep rich eye shadow shades look extremely gorgeous so do not be afraid to look bold and bright.
- Apply eye makeup primer to get a smooth canvas and dust your eye shadow colors on your lids and blend them with a brush or simply dab it to set.
- Mascara is a must or your eye makeup is incomplete. Try eyelashes curler to curl and lengthening mascara if you have small eyes or normal mascara is fine for bigger eyes.
- For eyeliner thing, shimmery metallics of gold or silver and bright, vibrant shades will work wonders. For an everyday liner look, try a royal blue or purple, and for something with a bit more sparkle, try a glittery silver.
Do not be stupid to think that UV rays do not affect dark skin tones. UV rays are extremely bad for all skin tones and colors. Therefore, do wear sunscreen every day with SPF equal to 30 or above. If you are outside, keep reapplying every 2 hours and if you staying indoors mostly, once in the morning is fine.
Best Makeup Brands & Products for Dark Skin
Price | $78.00
- A product from premium beauty range.
- Product quantity is 1.6 Fl Oz
- Helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines
- Firm, smooth and refines skin.
- Just a small amount in palm and can go for all day.
- Apply all over your face before foundation or wear alone.
Price | $98.56
- The magic in this foundation is that it consists of pure Vitamin E which is very good for your skin optimizes luminosity and leaves skin looking younger than ever.
- Skin Friendly Ingredients
- Help To Boost Your Appearance
- Gives You Attractive Look
- Highlight to illuminate, use concealer to hide imperfections, or use contouring makeup for enhanced, defined features.
Price | $93.50
- Quantity: 0.31 ounce.
- Really easy to apply and carry.
- The matte foundation with creamy texture enhances your complexion and gives a soft and matte finish to your skin.
- It has non-slip rubber handle for good control
- For an up to 24 hours face makeup that smoothly delivers highly pigmented full coverage foundation, look no further. Super Stay foundation goes on smooth & stays put no matter what comes your way.
- Use makeup remover at night and cleanser in the morning to prep for the makeup.
Price | $75.00
- Long-wearing and moisturizing formula
- Protects skin from the damage of UV rays.
- The creamy texture is non-greasy and easy to apply – a little goes a long way.
- This full-coverage formula completely covers imperfections, minimizes redness and scars – It can also be used on the body to minimize the appearance of stretch marks, veins, and bruises.
- Now available in a wide range of shades.
Price | $49.99
- 0.11 Ounce
- The oil-free, oil-absorbing powder sets the concealer without looking chalky or obvious
- It also helps maintain skin’s moisture levels for a smooth and virtually line-less look
- Long-lasting wear.
Price | $36.92
- Quantity 0.28 Oz
- An award winning power highlighter with the texture that mixes into the skin and gives ultimate glow to the skin.
- Sulphate free
Price | $42.00
- 0.5 fl oz
- ILIA highlighter is cruelty-free, vegan, clean beauty
- Marine Actives Help Protect Against UV Light + Pollution
- Formulated Without: Silicone, Gluten, Parabens, Phthalates, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances Or Synthetic Dyes
Price | $12.29
- With a luxurious, multi-dimensional cream-to-powder formula, our Butter line includes bronzers, highlighters, & blush made with nutrient-rich Murumuru, Cupuaçu, & Tucuma Butters.
- This bronzer features refined pearls & soft-focus pigments that smooth & brighten skin tone & deliver a gorgeous finish.
- It delivers a radiant Brazilian goddess glow.
- Features ultra-refined pearls and soft-focus pigments that smooth skin texture, brighten skin tone, and deliver a gorgeous bronze finish.
Price | $38.00
- Featuring eight creamy, blendable, pressed powder blushes in matte and metallic finishes. Master the art of blush draping or use these sumptuous shades as eyeshadows for a monochromatic look.
- Sweet Cheeks Blush Palette features matte and metallic finished blushes so you can drape, layer, and highlight with one palette. Master trending looks like ombre blush, blush draping, or monochromatic makeup styles.
- Complete your matte makeup look with a full line of NYX Professional Makeup face products to aid in color-correction & coverage from blush, bronzer, foundations & contouring concealer to palettes powders & setting sprays.
- All of our makeup is PETA certified cruelty-free. We don’t test any of our products on animals.
Price | $43.00
Gives a softer feel & truer color on cheeks Silky formula glides on smoothly Offers a matte finish with long lasting wear Comes with a sleek new flip-top compact Used individually or assembled into 3 or 4 Pan Palette.
Price | $44.99
- High-impact intense color.
- Convenient, easy, and precise application.
- Use for lining, all-over lip color, or pairing with another lip product.
- Works best with NARS Pencil Sharpener. Other sharpeners may be harmful or damaging.
Price | $24.99
- 24H high-shine, glossy, lacquer eyeliner.
- Glides on smoothly for a clean, precise line that keeps an intense, high-shine finish.
- Ophthalmologist-tested; suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
Price | $74.95
- Sheer, mattifying texture with a transparent finish.
- All-physical, broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection.
- Increases skin defenses and resistance to UV and heat stress.
To stand bold and confident is every woman’s right regardless of whatever skin tone she has or whichever place she belongs to; if you know how to wear makeup, you will be more presentable and feel strong internally. It’s just that requirements for different skin colors vary and one must understand that.