Hello, pretty women! So, you did it! You finally colored your hair in that favorite reddish-blonde you longed for. I am sure you look immensely pleasing and charming, flaunting it with some twirls and dance right in front of your mirror and I can imagine that.
But, not to lose the shine and vibrancy of your hair color, you need to take care of them delicately. Here are my best tips solely for my best readers.
|1.||Joico Color Balance Purple Conditioner||4.4 out of 5||
|2.||WELLA Brilliance Shampoo & Conditioner Coarse Colored Hair||4.5 out of 5||
|3.||GLISS Hair Repair Color Guard Set||4.3 out of 5||
|4.||Love Beauty And Planet||4.4 out of 5||
|5.||Tigi Bed Head Colour Goddess 25.36oz Duo||4.4 out of 5||
|6.||Nexxus Promend Conditioner, for Hair Prone to Split Ends||4.4 out of 5||
|7.||John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper||4 out of 5||
|8.||Garnier Hair Care Fructis Color Vibrancy Treat 1 Minute Hair Mask With Goji Extract||4.3 out of 5||
|9.||Argan Oil Hair Mask, 100% Organic Argan & Almond Oils||4.5 out of 5||
|10.||Pureology | Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo||4.7 out of 5||
|11.||Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo||4.6 out of 5||
|12.||BIOLAGE Colorlast Shampoo||4.7 out of 5||
|13.||Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment||4.4 out of 5||
|14.||ELIXIRME Hair Serum for Frizzy Hair||4 out of 5||
|15.||Bamboo Smooth Kendi Pure Treatment Oil||4.5 out of 5||
|16.||Moroccan Oil Treatment||4.7 out of 5||
Tip No. 1: Don’t wash, wash, wash your hair!
I do not completely mean what I said just now. I mean too much washing will just take the colors away from your hair and you would not want that, would you?
- Before shampooing for the first time just after you dyed your hair, wait for at least 72 hours to let the colors get penetrated to your roots so that your hair learns to hold up the color.
- Choose shampoo which is sulfate-free. Sulfate is too strong and will strip off the national oils as well as the hair color. If your shampoo has added oils, it will do better for dry frizzy hair.
- Shampoo your hair no more than 2 times a week. If you have oily hair, you could just use dry shampoo because water is such an enemy to your hair color. And only use best products for colored hair no compromise!!
Tip No. 2: Shower with cold water
It is often recommended to wash your hair with hot water because it opens up the cuticles to get them cleansed deeply but would you like to cleanse your hair color as well? So the answer to should I wash my colored-hair with hot water? “No” you should now. In order to take care of dyed hair, try the following method.
- Start with warm water as it will open up the cuticles to receive in the moisture and end with cold water and it will seal them to save the color.
- Do not scrub your hair hard and instead just rinse the water out by pressing the hair within the towel with both hands and let it dry naturally.
- Do not sleep with wet hair. It will so much ruin the texture and damage the hair. If you are feeling too cozy, braid them first to reduce the damage to minimal and then spread yourself on the bed.
Tip No. 3: Conditioner is your soulmate in this journey!
To protect your hair, use best conditioners for colored hair which you obviously do every time you wash your hair but in this journey of colored hair, their roleplay gets too serious.
- Definitely condition your hair after you wash off them after dyeing.
- Choose sulfate-free conditioners because they are mild and healthy for your hair. Something rich in natural proteins because it locks the moisture as well as the color.
- You can also prefer specifically formulated conditioners for colored hair and you should never forget them while shampooing. And remember the rule – to the lengths of your hair, not your roots.
Tip No. 4: Stay away from styling
If you can style them without any heating devices like a curler or straightener or anything, you are allowed to do that. Hair color impacts your hair with beauty as well as dryness and these heats dry them more leading to a lot of damage. Try to stay away from them for a pretty while and if it is necessary, just have some heat protector spray and you are good to go.
I would like to add an additional comment. This tip is not just for colored hair but for normal hair too. If you leave your hair to be naturally curled or straightened, they would stay safer and healthier for longer.
Tip No. 5: Colored hair needs deep nourishment
Dyeing your hair somewhere down in your roots affects it negatively and makes it weaker than usual. Therefore, after you color your hair, it needs deep conditioning to rejuvenate its oil and strength and make it more shiny and strong.
- For that, I recommend deep conditioning hair masks prepared at home or you can also choose ready-made chemically formulated hair masks that can be applied overnight for better nourishment and care.
- For the ready-made hair masks, if you heat it for a minute or so in the microwave, the results will be overwhelming.
- Oiling your hair (coconut, avocado, grapeseed oils) is also a super cool way to let your hair regain the nutrients and strengthen it from the inside.
- For an overnight treatment, serums and shiny hair sprays are fruitful as well.
Hair serum and organic hair oil are proven and fastest method of how to take care of colored hair.
Tip No. 6: Wait for the loop to be repeated
- After you got your hair colored either you did it by yourself or your friend helped you in that, do not re-color it early. If you want to save your hair from any damage, wait for a minimum of four weeks and a better safer option would be six weeks.
Tip No. 7: Get your hair trimmed
- To protect your hair from damage, one better way is to get it trimmed every 6-8 weeks. It is also advisable for a normal routine to prevent split ends and frizzy hair.
- It is advisable to accelerate your hair growth because your hair is not breaking off. Styling lines look fresh and cuticles remain intact for a shiny healthy appearance.
Tip No. 8: Add to Diet
Following sub-tips should be strictly included in your normal daily routine:
- Drink a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Include protein, zinc, iron into your diet.
- Apple cider vinegar also keeps you hydrated and removes all the toxins from inside your body and do not forget to include Vitamin A, C into your daily meals.
Here are some of the best products for colored hair
#1 Best shampoo and conditioner for colored hair: Joico Color Balance Purple Conditioner
- Purple color-balancing shampoo gently cleanses and neutralizes yellow tones to maintain blonde/gray hair.
- The conditioner nourishes the hair deep and maintains the shine of your hair.
#2 Best shampoo and conditioner for colored hair: WELLA Brilliance Shampoo & Conditioner Coarse Colored Hair
- Formulated with Diamond dust, it enhances the radiance of hair color maintaining the shine.
- It leaves the hair smooth, soft, and gives a gorgeous finish when followed by a coarse conditioner.
#3 Best shampoo and conditioner for colored hair: GLISS Hair Repair Color Guard Set
- It consists of UVA/UVB features that seal the color from washing out, maintaining the luminance and volume of the hair.
- Special ingredients protect the hair from damage from regular washing.
- Fit for full-colored hair to highlighted hair.
- Anti-fading elements protect the color for almost 12 weeks.
#4 Best shampoo and conditioner for colored hair: Love Beauty And Planet
- Love Beauty & Planet Coconut Water & Mimosa Flower Volume Shampoo and Conditioner duo gently cleanses and detangles with a lightweight formula.
- Infused with coconut water, the sulfate-free duo provides the volume of fine hair.
- This paraben-free volume shampoo and conditioner provide volume, cleanses, and lightly moisturizes fine hair. Dye-free.
#5 Best shampoo and conditioner for colored hair: Tigi Bed Head Colour Goddess 25.36oz Duo
- Refreshes and cleanses the hair, removing build-up to optimize color vibrancy.
- Infused with nourishing sweet almond oil, coconut oil, and keratin, hair’s key protein.
- Oil defense for electrifying color.
- Smoothens and adds shine to your hair, bringing it alive.
#6 Best conditioner for colored hair: Nexxus Promend Conditioner, for Hair Prone to Split Ends
- It restores a protective barrier to hair and seal split.
- Enriched with Flaxseed Oil and Concentrated Elastin Protein; helps realign and seal split ends.
- Conditions and smoothes hair fibers, protecting hair while retaining natural movement.
#7 Best conditioned for colored hair: John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper
- This blend of ingredients was specifically designed to elevate your brunette color and give you indulgent shades of dark hair.
- Whether your brunette is natural or treated, John Frieda Visibly Deeper Conditioner will help your color get to the richness you desire.
- Infused with natural ingredients designed to cleanse and moisturize your hair, all while intensifying color for all shades of brunette.
#8 Best hair mask for colored hair: Garnier Hair Care Fructis Color Vibrancy Treat 1 Minute Hair Mask With Goji Extract
- It helps Color Vibrancy in just 1 minute This Color Vibrancy Treat 1 Minute Hair Mask with Goji Extract helps you get soft, smooth, color vibrant hair.
- It contains no silicones, no parabens, and no artificial colorants.
- It can either be used as a hair mask or a conditioner or as a leave-in.
#9 Best hair mask for colored hair: Argan Oil Hair Mask, 100% Organic Argan & Almond Oils
- Hydrates, Moisturizes & Repairs, Restores and Strengthens Weak, Damaged, and Over Processed Hair. Improves Manageability, Promotes Natural Hair Growth & Shine.
- All In One Hair Restorer, Promotes New Hair Follicle Growth, Repairs & Regenerates Hair Shafts For Smoother, Thicker, Healthier-Looking Hair.
- Argan Oil dramatically Improves Hair Softness & Texture. Restores A Healthy Look & Natural Shine.
#10 Best shampoo for colored hair: Pureology | Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo
- Smooth and nourish your hair with this sulfate-free hydrating shampoo.
- With a gentle, moisturizing, and vegan formula, this color-safe shampoo helps keep your color vibrant and your hair healthy and soft.
- For dry, color-treated hair, apply a quarter-sized amount to wet hair and lather. Rinse. Repeat if necessary.
#11 Best shampoo for colored hair: Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo
- A highly moisturizing, reparative shampoo that leaves hair easy to manage, shiny, and healthier with each use.
- Repairs and maintains bonds within the hair, Eliminates frizz and flyaway, Reduces breakage.
#12 Best shampoo for color hair: BIOLAGE Colorlast Shampoo
- BIOLAGE Colorlast Shampoo gently cleanses and helps maintain the color depth, tone and shine for vivid color-treated hair.
- With low pH, gently cleanses and purifies as it helps prolong color vibrancy.
#13 Best hair perfector for colored hair: Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment
- It relinks the broken bonds in every type of hair providing a real, structural repair that works from within.
- Leaves hair stronger than ever. Paraben-free, vegan, sulfate-free, and phthalate-free.
- No.3 is Olapex’s at home bond builder that contains the same active ingredient found in all professional Lapel products.
#14 Best hair serum for colored hair: ELIXIRME Hair Serum for Frizzy Hair
- Just a few drops to manage all hair problems – Frizz, Damage or color-treated hair, Unruly curls, Dryness, Hair fall, Split Ends.
- SLS/SLES free, Paraben-free, Sodium Chloride free (making it safe for keratin-treated hair), and cruelty-free! Enjoy using that Hair Serum that’s good for you.
- Hair Serum that tames hair without weighing it down. No greasy residue left. It can be used as a leave-in conditioner for instant gloss and softness or overnight treatment for damaged hair.
#15 Best organic hair oil for colored hair: Bamboo Smooth Kendi Pure Treatment Oil
- Instantly absorbing kendi oil with strengthening organic bamboo can be used as a treatment.
- Best for medium to thick hair types.
- Protect color while providing vital nutrients.
#16 Best hair oil for colored hair: Moroccan Oil Treatment
- A multitasking hair treatment infused with argan oil and shine, boosting vitamins.
- Versatile, all, in, one product conditions, detangles and speeds up drying time.
- Leaves hair soft, smooth, with improved manageability.
- Controls frizz and flyaway, while imparting shine.
So, these are; the best recommendations for taking care of your hair after you dye them. Make sure to each proper food rich in B vitamins, Omega-3, etc. for healthy color hair, and the golden rules are only meant to be followed not to be ignored; so follow them ladies and show off your charismatic color for longer period of time with its strength maintained.
Have a Happy Hair Day Ladies!!