Aloe vera is a boon for all skin types. Be it oily, dry or sensitive. This thorny plant that can be grown easily in your backyard is an age-old skincare recipe for relief from all skin problems. Although this is a well-known fact, let us see how to enjoy the full benefits of aloe vera gel.
The best way to prepare aloe vera gel is to cut open the leaf of aloe vera and remove the jelly-like stuff inside and apply it directly on the skin. Yet, if you cannot find a plant around, various products are available in the market at cheap prices at various levels of refining. They come along with other additives that help your skin, so it is not that bad either.
List of Best Aloe Vera Gels to Buy Online
|#1 Best Aloe Vera Gel||Cellfood Skin Care Oxygen Gel – Quality Aloe Vera and Lavender Blossom Extract||4.7 out of 5|
|#2 Best Aloe Vera Gel||Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Gel – 100% Pure Aloe Leaf Gel for Face and Body||4.2 out of 5|
|#3 Best Aloe Vera Gel||Soothing Aloe Vera Gel||–|
|#4 Best Aloe Vera Gel||Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel||4.7 out of 5|
|#5 Best Aloe Vera Gel||Seven Minerals Organic Aloe Vera Gel 3-Pack||–|
What makes aloe vera gel the superhero for skin?
It is highly anti-inflammatory and is a rich source of Vitamins A and Vitamin C, enzymes and antioxidants. It also has folic acids, amino acids, triglycerides and fatty acids. Above all, it is made up 90% of water and is a great hydration tool. Apart from the outer repairs for skin, eating aloe vera also helps in killing bacteria, dilates capillaries, and increases blood flow.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel for the Skin
1. Aloe vera is usually used to get some relief after a sunny day. Be it mild or severe- sunburns are cured easily when you apply aloe vera gel on to the skin. It heals the skin by nourishing new cells to grow.
2. As stated, the enzymes in the skin exfoliate the skin. They remove the dead cells and hence make your skin smoother. This is because it is a natural pH balancer. This has to be done on a regular basis for better results.
3. Popularly stated by beauty brands as anti-ageing properties, the truth is that aloe vera cannot reverse age your skin. But it can help prevent you from getting deeper wrinkles and lines.
4. Pure Aloe vera gel has anthraquinones that have an anaesthetic effect. It drives away pain and the tendency to itch. Hence, it is a great relief to pain due to abrasions or irritations or burns.
5. For injuries from sports, or swollen wounds, use aloe vera gel around the area. SInce it is anti-inflammatory, the swelling reduces and skin heals better.
6. When aloe vera gel dries after applying on skin, it protects the moisture from escaping. Thus, keeping your skin hydrated. This makes it an effective moisturiser, which along with providing hydration also protects it from leaving away.
7. Aloe vera, for acne, is a great solution. It reduces the inflammation and removes the redness of the skin. Use of aloe vera gel for acne scars is recommended
8. Most makeup removers are harsh on the skin. But aloe vera as face wash can get rid of stubborn makeup without irritating the skin underneath, and also nourishing it. Unlike chemical soaps, it doesnt dry off your skin, but hydrates it.
9. Aloe vera as moisturizer gets absorbed more quickly than water. It reachest very deep into the skin and nourishes it.
10. If you are suffering sleepless nights and are a victim of dark circles or puffy eyes, apply aloe vera gel. The vitamin E in aloe vera discolours the dark circles and provides a cooling effect.
So, if you are wondering what the secret for flawless skin is, plant an aloe vera in your home right now. Apply it on the skin with your fingers and rub gently. Leave it overnight and wash later for better results.